Friday, November 18, 2011

Caterpillars and Old Cars

Well I am SO excited! A friend of mine from high school has asked me to create "Thank You" cards to send out to those who attended her baby shower. She asked specifically for them to have a caterpillar on them. This is what I came up with!

This is my very first time that I have sold my cards to someone so I can't even explain how ecstatic I am! These will take a good 8-12 hours to create, but that's okay! To make the caterpillar I used a small square punch and cut out light and dark green squares from papers. I then rounded the corners of all of them. I darkened the edges with brown ink so they would stand out from one another. Then I overlapped them and adhered them with a tape runner. I drew the eyes, mouth, and antennas. I used a small hole punch to punch out the red circles on the ends of the antennas. And voila!

----------

Okay, also my boyfiend's dad celebrated his birthday Nov. 12th, so I made this card for him.

This is my first attempt at creating a masculine card. I think I did alright. I used a Tim Holtz stamp set, because it can't get any more masculine than that. I did a lot of stamping on this card. I think it is one of my favorite cards ever. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment